Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Neat that it was a Jeffrey Zeldman design that I picked for this blog.

Anyway, I have to give props to The Goods (I could have linked that, but I'm lazy) to some degree for my title. The concept is mine, and quite clear, but the phrasing is definately Goods-inspired.

Two things to start:

It's always a little sad when it's over, whatever it is. There's something about the end of anything that is uncomfortable for us humans. We don't like it to be "over". Perhaps it reminds us of death.

That was actually the first thing. The second thing:
The Wii "sensor bar" issue. It seems there now commercial wireless wii sensor bars. This is good, but why not two cones?
Honestly, two cones, each with a battery (AA), and you could have a string of the right length connecting them. You could remove the string, if a different length would work better with your TV size(and assuming the wii would work properly with it).

Simple, cheap to manufacture, cheap to power (everyone has AAs, and they're probably the most commonly available rechargables), and a little more stylish than the current options. Heck, cones would be just a start, you could easily use other shapes. Hell, you could have Mario and Link ones.


Anyway, "These Things Need Fixed" is going to be a list of things that need to be fixed. Simple things, like the wii sensor bar issue, and probably many more complicated things. Most of them will be accompanied with marketable product ideas. But, unfortunately, some of my ideas will be wack, probably because I am venting on one issue or another (like my idea to lobby for a city that enforces a maximum weight and speed for all vehicles within it's limits. A "bumper car" city. Solves huge issues with cost, danger, and impact of vehicles. But outside of the city anything goes!) I will attempt to identify these.
This is key:
Anyone can take the ideas here, no matter what they are, and market them. They don't need to tell me, they don't need to give me credit, they don't need to pay me. This is about attempting to inject information that may be of value into the public discourse. I am happy with my lifestyle. I'm not rich, but I have enough, and I would like any ideas I have of value to be given freely. Seeing their fruition would add significant value to my life.

"Be Fruitful, and Multiply."

P.S. 50 points to anyone who can give me a clue on why the first 3 "or so" sentences of this post in Opera didn't wrap, they simply extended horizontally. Then, they rendered that way on the site, which was weird, so I copy-pasted into Firefox, and it seems ok now. What's the deal?

No comments: